Public Sector EV Charging
The On-Street Residential Chargepoint Scheme is a government scheme provided for electric cars, that is offered by OLEV
- The scheme will provide up to £7500 towards an electric vehicle charger
- Available to local authorities to provide charging infrastructure to those who don’t have access to off-street parking
How can authorities qualify for the scheme?
- Local authorities must have the explicit support of the Highways Authority
- Must be able to prove existing demand in the area, or explain why they want to install a charger on that street
- Chargers must be in residential areas that lack off street parking, with a pay-as-you-go access and be able to give data to OLEV for 3 years.
How does it work?
- The scheme gives authorities the chance to access a £2.5 million grant which can be used to partially fund the installation of on-street charge-points.
- The Energy Saving Trust is managing the scheme and can offer support throughout.
- Residents can put in a request with their local authorities for On-Street chargers.
How do I claim?
- The funding is 75% of the installation cost of the charger, and a parking bay
- The local authority must try to find the other 25% to contribute.